Monday, February 15, 2010

GoOdByE Mr.X



Dear Mr.X ,

I am daring to pour out my heart here with the only confidence that you will never read this , because I love you so much and dont wanna hurt you , yet the pain I am going through has to come out in some way or other , because its suffocating inside ... The harder I am trying to act cheeky and cheerful , the longer my face is turning out to be ...

Its been more than 6 months since we became friends ...Hardly a day has passed without hearing from you ....I am much more grateful , probably more than I am to God , because you brought me a new lease of life ...You are the only one , whom I could pour my emotions and feelings ...I need not yearn to listen to comforting words when I am down , because you always try that I never go through those depressions ..yet I do , at times , you do your best to bring me back from those darkness ..I do come back , holding the invisible hand you lend me ..But at times I dont , and thats what when misunderstandings and fights creeps in ...

In these 6 months , we would have fought about 600 times, but then we patch up again only to discover the bond between us moving closer , the understanding getting much better , the love and care we have on each other ..To be honest , I feared at times that the close bonding dont turn into love and all , but I completely trust you ..more than myself , and I discover that its not my fear , but being uncomfortable in accepting the fact that God has bestowed me with such a good friend ...

I cant forget the times we spent - the first and last meeting , the conversations at night , the fights through messages , the long wait to hear from each other , the silent cries , the non-stop laughs at silly jokes , the unseen smiles , the ecstatic feeling to get such a lovely friend , when we understood each other giving personal space , the silly fights over not sending messages , the silence during the calls when we were angry at each other , the way I talked to you like a thief from my bro's mobile when my mobile was taken away , the shoutings I heard from you when you were about to get caught since I called at wrong times ...so many memories ..seems like all this happened just yesterday ...

But the incidents that are happenings from more than a month , is just making us go far away from each other ..I agree that its all my fault , but I cant help it ..You know me , and this is not my first time ...In fact this time , I needed you desperately , because I was again caught in between the battle of my mind and heart ...I do know that heart never goes wrong , but its the only one that suffers a lot ...I was outta my senses all these days and your odd behaviour added to my miseries ..Whenever I wanted you beside me , you were in your world ..I understand that you have your own problems , you are figting your own battle , but in these 40 days , you never felt that I needed you , seeing my strange outbursts and anger ????

I didnt know , as usual , to tell about the situations I was going through ..I hoped that you , with your soft words , will make me feel at ease in blurting out the secrets which I was fakingly trying to confine , but past few days ( in fact its been more than a month ) your harsh words are lingering in me ...yes I know I cry like a baby and that I gotta get matured , but cant I open my heart out to you ??? Do you want me to wear that same mask , which I showcase to the world pretending all is well with me ???

Yes ..I cry like stupid I know , weeping even for silly things , but then I cant change this habit overnight ! Moreover with the present situation I am going through , crying is all I can do to console myself , as in all these days , even you werent with me ...Your strange reactions are disturbing me more than my own problems , because I know that the problems would pass away , but our friendship ??? Is that also going to drift away , same like my previous experiences ??? I am afraid X , I dont wanna lose you ..

So , in order to bring back the old bonding , I stepped down and tried in every way to be the same old friend to you , but I discovered the gap between us has widened ...You have moved away ... It hurt me , I cried bitterly , but all you do is add to my miseries - sometimes with your behaviour and sometimes with your harsh words ... This is not the friend I knew ..I didnt expect this from our friendship , I couldnt accept it ...

But now I have to move on ..I cant run away from the reality for a long time ..and so I bid you goodbye ...We are going to be friends , and you will be my best friend forever , but no more sharing , no more opening of secrets , nothing...I know you will be amazed at my odd behaviour , but you are stronger to leave all this and move on ...From now on , you too come in list of people , with whom I have to wear a mask and fake my feelings and words ...No more chatters and gossips to you from my side ....Goodbye Mr.X , you are free now..

Yours ,
An ex-friend

9 comments:

DiDo said...

:((... Awww.. all i can say say is " hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz gal" Things will b fine.. dnt worry.. okiee?

Narrator said...

hmm....... u have pondered over all ur feelings here...this reminded me of the long mail I had written to my crush whom I cud never say anything other than hi-hello during college... well, this is what life is

Dayne Gingrich said...

P-O-W-E-R-F-U-L!!!

Loved this, and can't wait to catch up on more posts. I totally agree with your message of "letting go and saying goodbye," as this is sometimes the only option.

Keep your eyes focused on the forward, allowing the backward to slowly fade. One step, left in front of right.

Thanks for visiting Coach Your Mind and leaving such a thoughtful comment.

I'll definitely be following!

Dayne

Blogger said...

@DiDo :yup ! to make things better , "goodbye" was the best option I felt :)

@Narrator : true ! letters are the best way to gush out the confined feelings :)

@Dayne : Thanks ! Yeah , Have learned to move on :)

Aryan'S said...

hey I can feel the grief of u r heart..its a dilemma situation...
nice expression u hv given...i like it...

Arnab Chakraborty said...

wow,awesome writing,"can almost feel ur pain",i think thats enough to describe how good you wrote,the toughest job is to make readers feel your own feelings,and you did that pretty easily,keep on writing.
and thanks for your suggestions.

Blogger said...

@Aryan : Thanx ! :)

@ Arnav : Thanx!!!!^_^glad that you could relate to it :)

7-aTe-9 said...

you will cry all the time, your broken heart will keep breaking for awhile, you wont sleep at night, it'll be hard to breathe sometimes.

but know tht... you will move on soon enough, you will meet someone nice, he will make u :-) all the time.

u wont forget this friend, or the feelings n joy n tears he brought with him. u become wiser after this lesson u learnt.
someday this silly comment of mine u will understand.

p/s: take care. it was very nostalgic for me, this post.

Blogger said...

@ 7-ate-9: Thanx for dropping by !!! N m grateful to that friend , for making me more wiser , and teaching me to let go :)I am glad , you understood my emotions right ! Bdw really thankful for your comment n concern ...so sweet of you :)